Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Thanksgiving

Wow, December already. It is amazing how fast 20 weeks can go.

It does seem a little surreal that the semester has come and gone so quickly. I am happy that the initial jitters are over and that I have been able to settle in so nicely in such a short amount of time. This semester has been one of the most challenging and most rewarding in my scholastic career. There have been many ups and downs and highs and lows, but in the end, it is the high points that I remember. All in all, I will say the semester is ending on a high. 

Thanksgiving was a little bittersweet this year. Bitter in that finals began within the next week. Sweet in that it was still Thanksgiving and still a very happy time. 

The day started with a healthy game of flag football, which is more commonly known as a turkey bowl. A great game, I played a little quarter back and caught a few passes. The downer of the game was that I injured both of my big toes. I jammed my toenails into the ends of my shoes, very painful, but resulted in a podiatric procedure and a peek into what my life will be like as a clinician. I do find it quite ironic that a podiatry student would, of all injuries, injure his feet during a football game.

Thanksgiving dinner was a phenomenal meal. We joined with a few other couples, and did small group dinner. Followed by pie and my favorite, whipped cream!  After the food coma wore off, it was back to studying. 

Studying ensued, and a week later it hasn't stopped. The finals are hard, but now seeing the light at the end of the tunnel, I know there is hope. I knew it would be hard, and I think I've settled in and can see where I'm headed. It won't be too long and I'll be writing my goodbye letter. Haha, I think I'll focus on next semester first. 

No comments:

Post a Comment