Tuesday, January 10, 2012

The Break

Breaks are amazing! Now, don't get me wrong I love school, but it was a long semester and a break was indeed called for.

The first week was busy. To get started, I built a guitar.


Next, I built a stand for it and my other instruments to go on. 


Needless to say I was having a blast, and it was nice to not have my head buried in a book for a bit. 

But, the most important part of my vacation came after my projects, I got to go home and see my own and my wife's family. 

We flew to Denver a week after school ended for the semester where we were greeted by my family and 8in. of snow! I took advantage of the weather and went snowboarding. I needed to get up to the slopes at least once because I knew this semester was going to leave no time to go. 

We spent a little over a week in Colorado and left Christmas Day to Salem, OR. We arrived in Salem greeted by my wife's family and lots of rain. 

We took a trip to the Oregon coast where I got some time to take some pictures and practice my HDR. 





During my time in Oregon I had the opportunity to shadow a podiatrist from the Portland area, and was able to get some experience in the Operating Room. I was able to see some typical and some advanced podiatric surgeries. While I played I also was able to get some valuable podiatric experience. 
  
We spent the rest of our vacation there and headed home just in time for the Oregon Ducks to win the Rose Bowl and the semester to start. 

The semester will be a busy one, and surely will try my academic stamina. But after a fantastic vacation, I feel well rested and ready to take on the world, or lower anatomy whichever comes first. 






No comments:

Post a Comment