Thursday, May 17, 2012

I made it.

Wow, 2nd semester first year, done! You might be saying, wow this kid really sucks at posting on his blog. While yes, that is probably true, I will contend that I had very good reasons.

Despite the constant reminder and threats that 2nd semester was going to take all you had and then ask for seconds, I survived. Perhaps, I didn't take the advice of older students like I should have. Perhaps, my pride took a front seat to caution. Maybe, I just didn't want to believe that it would be that hard. I now know differently.

The semester started off normal, and then week by week it seemed that I was losing time. I found that I was running out of time that I had previously had. Where was it going though? I was finding myself studying more and more and having less and less time for the rest of my life. Eventually school, for the most part, took over and took control of my day to day activities. By the time finals rolled around, I was studying non-stop. No time for a life other than school. Which turned out to be OK. And I made it.

I won't say that there weren't a few scary moments coming up to tests not knowing if I was adequately prepared. There were, but in the end it didn't matter, I had done all that there was to be done. By the time one test was over, I moved on to the next. There was no time to sit and think about how I did. I was afraid that if I thought too hard about it I would psych myself out for the next test and perpetuate my already "on edge" emotions.

Looking back now, I am totally fine, no regrets. Like most coaches say to their teams, leave it all on the court or field or wherever they may be playing. I left it all in the classroom. I gave it all I had. I'm stronger for it. I know that I have made it through the toughest semester I have ever had. Will it be the biggest challenge of my life? Probably not, but I know that I will look back on this semester as character building. I will see how I have grown, changed, and adapted to be better. I know that I am better, and that I am one step closer to achieving my goals now and in the future.

Next up: The Vibram 5 Finger research project begins. :-)

1 comment:

  1. “Congratulations twtippets! Thank you so much for taking the time to share this exciting information.”

    podiatrist in colorado springs

    ReplyDelete