Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Baseball and So Much More

10 minutes for school there are 3 stadiums! What?????? Indians, Cavaliers, and the Browns. I'm not sure when then last time I went to a baseball game was, but I think I was about 14, and I forgot how awesome they are. Not to mention it was Elvis night. Also, every Friday there is a fireworks show set to music by the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame which is just a few minutes from the stadium.  So baseball games are so fun, if I didn't mention it earlier.

OCPM is a very social school, and there are tons of events. There are a lot of clubs on campus, and as such lots of opportunities to get involved and take a break from school for one reason or another. OPMSA or the Ohio Podiatric Medicine Student Association hosted a student night at the Cleveland Indians. It just so happened to be one of the first of many events of the year and since my wife had never been to a major league baseball game it seemed like a really good opportunity to get out and see the town. It was a really popular event, and lots of students came, it was super fun to hang out with friends and get to know some people outside of class.


All of the stadiums are really close to downtown Cleveland and the stadiums surround an awesome atmosphere for pre and post-game activities. I think that I will reserve  a restaurant review for a later post. But, suffice it to say, a night out to the ball game can be so much more than just a baseball game. Needless to say, we had an absolute blast, and can't wait to go again. 
Oh yeah, did I mention THEY WON!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment