Wednesday, October 10, 2012

The Future of Podiatry

With much of the upcoming election focused on the future of Healthcare in the US, it is interesting to view the Presidential and Vice Presidential debates.

Many who read my blog may be wondering where podiatry will fit in if changes occur within the infrastructure of the healthcare system. The answer is that no one really knows for sure. However, for those of us just beginning to practice, our reimbursements will be smaller (about 30%) as a result of cuts made to Medicare spending under the current healthcare laws. This could be the difference of paying my student loans or feeding my family, a prospect that I do not wish to face.

I ask all of you reading this, think about your vote and how it can affect the rest of your life.

Enjoy tomorrow's debate.


8 comments:

  1. I truly like to reading your post. Thank you so much for taking the time to share such a nice information.
    pain free foot care

    ReplyDelete
  2. Medicare has been on my mind a lot lately with this election. I have a friend who was a podiatrist in rockwall tx and is wondering what the election will mean for his career. Do you know how it will effect those in the medical field? Thanks for your help!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the comments. I think only time will tell. The healthcare bill is 2400 pages long and contains many different things. I am as anxious as most I am sure regarding the changes. I think the next year or so will be learning what else is in the Healthcare Bill and what changes to the healthcare system will be implemented now and in the future. There will be many changes over a long period of time I'm sure.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is really interesting to consider now. I wonder how this will affect my podiatrist in Indiana.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for sharing this article, its been a really interesting read. I've been thinking about getting a little more involved with this Podiatrist in Calgary, that I've heard great things about. I hope I can get some things fixed.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have been doing some research on the subject as I think I need ingrown toenail surgery. I was reading a website called:

    Ingrown Toenail Surgery info and it discussed the Vandenbos procedure. What are your thoughts on the Vandenbos and its angle of treating overgrown skin as opposed to ingrown toenails?

    ReplyDelete
  7. My mom has been complaining of foot pain for a while now. I was wondering, do you happen to have any recommendations of where I can find a good podiatrist in Keizer, OR? Please let me know, thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Information like this is really beneficial to people like me who don't really know how this stuff works. I've been trying to do some research on what the future holds for medical practices in the future, and this has some great insights on things we can expect to happen. All we can really do is prepare ourselves, and do our best to stay as healthy as we possibly can.

    http://www.chicagofeet.com/

    ReplyDelete